- 1 Who do you send a press release to at a newspaper?
- 2 How do I email a press release to a journalist?
- 3 How do you distribute a press release?
- 4 Do you send a press release as an attachment?
- 5 How do I submit a story to a local newspaper?
- 6 What are the rules of writing a good press release?
- 7 Where do you send press releases?
- 8 How do you approach a journalist?
- 9 Should I send press release in Word or PDF?
- 10 What is press release example?
- 11 How much for a press release?
- 12 How do I publish a press release for free?
- 13 What are three qualities of a good press release?
- 14 What’s the best day to send a press release?
- 15 How many press releases should I send?
Who do you send a press release to at a newspaper?
The reporter who covers the release subject matter – business or health, for example — is usually the preferred contact, because you want to get the information into the hands of the person who can best use it.
How do I email a press release to a journalist?
Start with a catchy subject line.
- Start with a catchy subject line.
- Then add a short introduction that personalizes the message and says something like, “I hope you can use this; let me know if you have questions.”
- Copy and paste your press release into the e- mail message form.
- Add your signature.
- Check everything over.
How do you distribute a press release?
How do you distribute a press release?
- Find journalists who might be interested in your press release.
- Get the journalists’ contact details.
- Craft a killer pitch.
- Send your press release pitch (at the right time).
- Follow-up on your release.
Do you send a press release as an attachment?
Never Send a Press Release as an Attachment Sending your press release as an attachment to your email message (for example, as a Microsoft Word document) is a common mistake. You should send images and documents only to people who have requested them or who already know who you are and what to expect from you.
How do I submit a story to a local newspaper?
How to Submit a Newspaper Article
- Choose Your News. Editors want stories that engage readers and give them information they can use.
- Aim Your Pitch. Make sure you target your pitch to the right editor.
- Format Your Pitch.
- Polish Your Pitch.
- Research Your Story.
- Write Your Story.
What are the rules of writing a good press release?
Here are some golden rules to consider when writing your next press release.
- Develop a strong story.
- Write a strong first paragraph.
- Write an attention-grabbing headline & subject-line.
- Do your research—include facts and figures.
- Include strong and memorable quotes.
Where do you send press releases?
Our list of paid press release submission websites 2021 (which we think are the best)
|PR Newswire||Around $1,000 per press release|
|Business Wire||Around $800 per release, upwards|
|24-7 Press Release||$19 to $389 per release|
|MarketWired||Around $460 per release|
How do you approach a journalist?
Top tips for approaching journalists
- Do your research. Journalists are bombarded with emails daily from companies eager to get content about their products, services and brand published.
- Make it memorable. Make sure you personalise your email to the journalist so they remember you.
- Make it visual.
- Get it right.
- Pick up the phone.
- Don’t Sell.
Should I send press release in Word or PDF?
Journalists don’t have time to open documents; that’s whether they’re PDFs or Word Docs. Copy and paste the headline of your press release into the subject line and then paste the rest of the press release into the body of your email.
What is press release example?
A press release is an official (written or recorded) statement that a company makes to the news media, and beyond. We are talking about the same thing whether we call it a ” press announcement,” a ” press release,” or a “news release.”
How much for a press release?
A range of $500 -2500 is standard to retain an experienced, skilled press release writer. At this level, how much you pay will be based on the strength of the writer’s portfolio, expertise in your type of business (B2B versus B2C, technical versus non-technical, etc.), and the quality of understanding for your audience.
How do I publish a press release for free?
5 Truly Free Press Release Distribution Services
- OnlinePRNews.com: Best for Free Short-term Release Publishing.
- NewswireToday.com: Best for Wide RSS Feed Reach for Non-profits.
- PRLog: Best for Free Press Room for Company Press Releases.
- 1888PressRelease.com: Best for Distribution to Search Engines.
What are three qualities of a good press release?
Here are some characteristics of successful press releases:
- It’s nimble. Successful messages are built to fit multiple formats.
- It’s atomized. Your audience doesn’t live in one place, and neither should your press releases and other content.
- It’s useful. Content needs to interest, inform, or entertain the audience
What’s the best day to send a press release?
The best days and times to send out a press release, are Monday to Thursday between the beginning of the work day and early afternoon. If possible try sending it at the first half of the week. Most common pitfall to avoid, never send a press release on a Friday.
How many press releases should I send?
By rule of thumb, there is no minimum or maximum amount of releases a company should send out. It depends on your company’s needs. We have seen companies send out releases daily, while some only send one out once a month or every year. It depends on the needs of your business.