- 1 How do you format a feature article?
- 2 What makes a good feature article?
- 3 How do you write a feature article for a magazine?
- 4 What is a feature in newspaper?
- 5 How do you start a feature article?
- 6 How do you structure an article?
- 7 What are examples of features?
- 8 How do you end a feature article?
- 9 How do you make a good title for a feature article?
- 10 What is a feature story example?
- 11 How long is a feature article?
- 12 What are the elements of an article?
- 13 What are the 5 parts of a newspaper article?
- 14 What are the types of feature article?
- 15 What is feature and its types?
How do you format a feature article?
Your feature, whatever its length, will have a basic structure of:
- Introduction. Set the scene. Bring it to life.
- Body text. Having got your readers hooked at the start, keep them reading.
- Conclusion. Create a satisfactory ending so that the reader understands that the story has reached a conclusion.
What makes a good feature article?
A feature article differs from a hard news story as it offers an in-depth look at a particular subject, current event, or location to audiences. A good feature story will keep the reader’s attention until the end, delivering a fleshed-out narrative and creating a lasting impression.
How do you write a feature article for a magazine?
While it may vary depending on your topic, a feature article should always include a headline, introduction, the main body and a concluding paragraph. Highlights the main idea of the article. Includes keywords (for online articles ). Provoke the reader’s interest by making an unusual statement.
What is a feature in newspaper?
A feature is a longer piece of writing than a news story. Features come in many different types and are widely used in magazines, newspapers and online. A feature will often cover an issue in greater depth than a news story would do; or it might look at an ongoing story from a different angle.
How do you start a feature article?
So, how do you write effective introductions to feature articles:
- Make an interesting and provocative opening statement to draw reader’s attention.
- Briefly introduce the topic and purpose.
- Establish a relationship with your reader through your language (eg.
How do you structure an article?
The structure of an article for a newspaper, magazine or website, is usually in three parts:
- introduction – engaging the reader, or outlining the main point of the article to follow.
- middle – making clear and interesting points about the topic.
- end – a concluding paragraph that draws the points together.
What are examples of features?
The definition of a feature is a part of the face, a quality, a special attraction, article or a major film showing in the theatre. An example of feature is a nose. An example of feature is freckles. An example of feature is a guest speaker at an event.
How do you end a feature article?
17 Ways to Write a Conclusion for an Article
- Reiterate the Main Point. Tetra Images/Getty Images.
- Summarize Succinctly. Summarizing is different than reiterating.
- Answer Potential Questions.
- Send Readers Elsewhere.
- Issue a Challenge.
- Point to the Future.
- Make a New Connection.
- Wrap up a Scenario.
How do you make a good title for a feature article?
So, let’s take a look at the steps required to write a headline that will attract the readers you’re looking for.
- Know your audience. Keep your audience in mind when drafting a headline.
- SEO optimize.
- Create a knowledge vacuum.
- Solve a problem.
- Use numbers.
- Use technology.
- About the Author.
What is a feature story example?
Examples of feature stories include news features, profiles, spot features, trend stories, and live-ins. Feature stories can be found in the main news section of a newspaper, especially if they profile a person or group currently in the news.
How long is a feature article?
While most feature articles are at least 500 words in length, the editor may decide that they need something a bit shorter due to page layout. Also, don’t be surprised if some of your features end up being 2000 words or more.
What are the elements of an article?
- the main elements. An article typically constitutes the following sections and elements:
- Theory / Literature review.
- Research method / process.
- Results and discussion.
What are the 5 parts of a newspaper article?
- 1.1.1 Headline.
- 1.1.2 Subhead.
- 1.1.3 Byline.
- 1.1.4 Lead.
- 1.1. 5 Body or running text.
- 1.1.6 Conclusion.
What are the types of feature article?
Different Kinds of Feature Stories
- Human interest. Involves persons rather than things.
- Interviews. Usually done with prominent persons.
- Informational features. Of historical, social, practical interest.
- Personality sketch. Develops a total picture of the person.
- Featurettes. What we used to call “Brites.” Also called “mini- features.” Clever.
What is feature and its types?
A feature story is a piece of non-fiction writing about news. A feature story is a type of soft news. The main sub- types are the news feature and the human-interest story. A feature story is distinguished from other types of non-news by the quality of the writing.