- 1 Who do you send a press release to at a newspaper?
- 2 How do I submit a press release for free?
- 3 How do you publish a press release?
- 4 How do you email a press release?
- 5 What are the rules of writing a good press release?
- 6 How much does a press release cost?
- 7 Do it yourself press release?
- 8 What is press release submission?
- 9 Where can I find press releases?
- 10 What is press release example?
- 11 How do you end a press release?
- 12 What is the purpose of press release?
- 13 How do I contact media for a press release?
- 14 Should I send press release in Word or PDF?
- 15 How do I submit a press release to Google News?
Who do you send a press release to at a newspaper?
The reporter who covers the release subject matter – business or health, for example — is usually the preferred contact, because you want to get the information into the hands of the person who can best use it.
How do I submit a press release for free?
5 Truly Free Press Release Distribution Services
- OnlinePRNews.com: Best for Free Short-term Release Publishing.
- NewswireToday.com: Best for Wide RSS Feed Reach for Non-profits.
- PRLog: Best for Free Press Room for Company Press Releases.
- 1888PressRelease.com: Best for Distribution to Search Engines.
How do you publish a press release?
Getting Your Press Release Published
- Pick Your Targets. Make sure you submit your press release to the right publications through the correct channels.
- Make the Story Newsworthy. Your story must fit the publishers’ criteria of newsworthy.
- Make the Journalists’ Job Easy.
- Use Correct Spelling, Grammar and Case.
- More Tips.
How do you email a press release?
This will give you a better idea of why they’re important and how to tackle each part.
- Subject Line. Your subject line is the most important part of your press release email.
- Email Body.
- Paste Your Press Release.
- No Attachments.
- Avoid Mass Emails.
What are the rules of writing a good press release?
Here are some golden rules to consider when writing your next press release.
- Develop a strong story.
- Write a strong first paragraph.
- Write an attention-grabbing headline & subject-line.
- Do your research—include facts and figures.
- Include strong and memorable quotes.
How much does a press release cost?
Distributing your press release locally or to most states will cost $350. Targeting your top markets or regionally will bring the price up to $575, and sending your press release nationally will cost around $805. PR newswire also has international distribution options.
Do it yourself press release?
Writing a Press Release in 7 Simple Steps
- Find Your Angle. Every good news story has an angle.
- Write Your Headline. Your headline should grab the attention of your audience.
- Write Your Lede.
- Write 2 – 5 Strong Body Paragraphs With Supporting Details.
- Include Quotes.
- Include Contact Information.
- Include Your Boilerplate Copy.
What is press release submission?
Press release submission refers to writing about new events, products or services of the company and submitting it to PR sites. A press release should be keyword-optimized, factual and informative so that it could generate interest in the readers.
Where can I find press releases?
Here is a list of 10 press release distribution sites and tips for how to choose.
- 24-7pressrelease.com. 24-7pressrelease.com is a cloud-based press release distribution platform for small businesses.
- EIN Presswire.
- Online PR media.
- PR Buzz.
What is press release example?
A press release is an official (written or recorded) statement that a company makes to the news media, and beyond. We are talking about the same thing whether we call it a ” press announcement,” a ” press release,” or a “news release.”
How do you end a press release?
How to end the press release. Signal the end of the press release with the word “Ends” in bold. After “Ends”, write “For further information, please contact” and list your details or those of an appointed person. Do give a mobile number if you can, so that journalists can contact you easily.
What is the purpose of press release?
The purpose of a press release is to get attention, make news, and generate publicity. It’s cost-effective marketing (free) and they can be used to create brand awareness for your association.
How do I contact media for a press release?
Here is how to submit your press release in seven steps:
- Build a Media List.
- Follow Submission Guidelines.
- Write a Submission Email & Send It With Your Press Release.
- Follow Up With Media Outlets.
- Syndicate Using a Distribution Service.
- Promote Your Release on Social Media.
- Use Press Release Analytics to Track Performance.
Should I send press release in Word or PDF?
Journalists don’t have time to open documents; that’s whether they’re PDFs or Word Docs. Copy and paste the headline of your press release into the subject line and then paste the rest of the press release into the body of your email.
How do I submit a press release to Google News?
There is no direct method to submit a press release, this must be done through a service that has Google News syndication approval, such as Press Release Jet. Press Release Jet is not only the best PR service available today, go ahead and compare our services against “the other guys”.