- 1 How do you cite an online newspaper article in APA?
- 2 How do you cite an online newspaper article in MLA?
- 3 How do you cite an online newspaper article with no author in APA?
- 4 How do you cite an article in a paper?
- 5 How do you cite an online newspaper article in APA 7?
- 6 How do I cite a government website in APA?
- 7 How do you reference a website with no author?
- 8 How do you source an article?
- 9 How do you quote an online article?
- 10 How do you cite an article title in-text?
How do you cite an online newspaper article in APA?
Newspaper Article (Retrieved Electronically)
- General Format:
- In-Text Citation (Paraphrase):
- (Author’s Last Name, year)
- In-Text Citation (Direct Quote):
- (Author’s Last Name, year, page number)
- Author’s Last Name, First Initial. Second Initial. ( Year, Month Day). Article title. Newspaper Title.
How do you cite an online newspaper article in MLA?
Newspaper Article From a Website Author’s Last Name, First Name. “Title of Article: Subtitle if Any.” Title of Website, Date of Publication, URL. Accessed Day Month Year site was visited. Note: If the author’s name is not listed, begin the citation with the title of the article.
If an item has no author, start the citation with the article title. If, and only if, the article is signed “Anonymous”, put the word Anonymous where you would normally place the author’s name. Italicize titles of journals, magazines and newspapers. Do not italicize the titles of articles.
How do you cite an article in a paper?
The in-text citation is very simple: (Author, year) – it generally only consists of the author’s last name, a comma, and the year of publication. The in-text citation has only the author’s last name – no initials! Always include the year of publication.
How do you cite an online newspaper article in APA 7?
News / Magazine Article
- Author(s). Note: List each author’s last name and initials as Author, A. A., Author, B. B., & Author, C. C.
- (Year, Month Date). Note: You do not need to abbreviate the month.
- Title of the article.
- Title of the Newspaper or Publication.
How do I cite a government website in APA?
When a government web page does list an individual author or authors, list them in the author position, and always include the site name. Citing government websites with individual authors.
|Format||Author last name, Initials. (Year, Month Day). Page title. Site Name. URL|
|In-text citation||(Rutte, 2021)|
Cite in text the first few words of the reference list entry (usually the title) and the year. Use double quotation marks around the title or abbreviated title.: (“All 33 Chile Miners,” 2010). Note: Use the full title of the web page if it is short for the parenthetical citation.
How do you source an article?
Provide the author name, article name in quotation marks, title of the Web magazine in italics, publisher name, publication date, medium of publication, and the date of access. Remember to use n.p. if no publisher name is available and n.d. if no publishing date is given.
How do you quote an online article?
Include information in the following order:
- author (if available)
- year of publication.
- article title (between single quotation marks)
- newspaper title (in italics)
- date of article (day, month, page number—if given—and any additional information available)
- accessed day month year (the date you accessed the items)
How do you cite an article title in-text?
No author: Cite the first few words of the reference entry (usually the title ) and the year. Use double quotation marks around the title of an article or chapter, and italicize the title of a periodical, book, brochure, or report. Examples: From the book Study Guide (2000) or (“Reading,” 1999).