- 1 Who finances the guardian?
- 2 Who is the Guardian newspaper owned by?
- 3 Who owns the Scott Trust?
- 4 Who funds the Guardian Australia?
- 5 Which UK newspapers are left wing?
- 6 Is the guardian no longer free?
- 7 Is the guardian a US newspaper?
- 8 Does the guardian have a Sunday paper?
- 9 Is the guardian a charity?
- 10 Is the Guardian in financial trouble?
- 11 Is the Scott Trust a charity?
- 12 How do I unsubscribe from the Guardian?
- 13 When was the Guardian newspaper founded?
- 14 How do I contact the Guardian Australia?
Who finances the guardian?
Guardian Media Group plc (GMG) is a British-based mass media company owning various media operations including The Guardian and The Observer. The group is wholly owned by the Scott Trust Limited, which exists to secure the financial and editorial independence of The Guardian in perpetuity.
Who is the Guardian newspaper owned by?
|The Guardian front page on 15 January 2018|
|Owner(s)||Guardian Media Group|
|Founder(s)||John Edward Taylor|
|Publisher||Guardian Media Group|
Who owns the Scott Trust?
The Scott Trust Limited is the British company that owns Guardian Media Group and thus The Guardian and The Observer as well as various other media businesses in the UK. In 2008, it replaced the Scott Trust, which had owned The Guardian since 1936.
Who funds the Guardian Australia?
Ownership. The Guardian Australia is owned by Guardian News and Media (GNM). GNM is owned by Guardian Media Group (GMG), which is in turn owned by the Scott Trust Limited, a limited company which aims to ensure the editorial independence of its publications and websites.
Which UK newspapers are left wing?
- New Statesman – independent political and cultural magazine.
- The New Worker – from the New Communist Party of Britain.
- The Socialist – from the Socialist Party (England and Wales).
- Socialist Worker – from the Socialist Workers Party.
- Sunday Mirror – sister newspaper to Daily Mirror, published every Sunday.
Is the guardian no longer free?
Why signing in is important to the Guardian This means we don’t have a paywall on theguardian.com and that readers will always be able to find a Guardian story without being charged to read it. But independent, quality journalism is expensive to produce.
Is the guardian a US newspaper?
Guardian US is the Manhattan-based American online presence of the British print newspaper The Guardian. Guardian US is only available online. John Mulholland, appointed in January 2018, is the editor of Guardian US.
Does the guardian have a Sunday paper?
The Observer is a British newspaper published on Sundays. The Observer.
|The Observer front page on 21 January 2018|
|Circulation||140,100 (as of July 2020)|
|Sister newspapers||The Guardian, The Guardian Weekly|
Is the guardian a charity?
The Guardian Foundation Who we are and what we do We are an independent charity which supports media under threat, promotes diversity in the media and empowers children and young people to engage with the news.
Is the Guardian in financial trouble?
The Guardian could see up to 180 jobs cut after a £25m drop in revenue amid the coronavirus pandemic. The viral crisis has created an “unsustainable financial outlook”, the paper’s editor-in-chief Katherine Viner and Guardian Media Group chief executive Annette Thomas said in a joint statement.
Is the Scott Trust a charity?
It is typical evasion from Rusbridger. First, he admits that the Scott Trust Ltd is not a charity, but nonetheless insists it acts “like a trust ”.
How do I unsubscribe from the Guardian?
If you want to cancel your subscription with The Guardian, just call them on 0330 333 6767. Meet Emma, your Best Financial Friend. Track all your paid subscriptions in one place, for free.
When was the Guardian newspaper founded?
The paper was founded in Manchester in 1821 as the weekly Manchester Guardian but became a daily after the British government lifted its Stamp Tax on newspapers in 1855.
How do I contact the Guardian Australia?
Guardian Australia has a team of correspondents across the continent serving millions of readers. The newsdesk can be contacted on +61 2 8076 8500.