How do I find old newspaper articles online?
Use the Google News archive for an easy, searchable experience. This search engine allows you to enter the subject you want to research to find old newspaper articles about that subject. To explore the archive search engine, open your web browser and go to news.google.com/archivesearch.
How do I find news articles by date?
There are a number of ways you can find news from specific dates or ranges.
- Go to Google and select the ” News ” filter.
- Click on the “Advanced Search” Toggle in the search field.
- Fill out the information that there is a desire to search for, dates, etc. Hit search.
How do I find old newspapers for free?
How to Get Free Newspapers in Bulk
- Local newspaper office. Local newspaper offices are a great source for old papers.
- Ask at local nursing homes and assisted living facilities.
- Check on Craigslist.
- Ask at your local library.
- Local colleges and schools.
- Ask at airports.
- Contact local hotels.
- Search on OfferUp.
How do I find free newspaper archives?
Guides to Online Free Newspapers
- Chronicling America: Historic Newspapers.
- Elephind.com: Search the World’s Historical Newspaper Archive.
- Europeana: Newspapers.
- Google Newspaper Archive.
- ICON: International Coalition on Newspapers: International Collections.
- ICON: International Coalition on Newspapers: United States.
How do I find an article from a certain year?
To this this, you would go to regular Google, https://google.com, enter your search term, and do the search. Then click on the ‘news’ tab to get news. Then click on the ‘tools’ button, and there where is says ‘recent’, you can change that and select a specific date range.
How can you tell if an online article was printed?
Look for the following to help determine if your source has a print equivalent:
- Volume and/or issue number.
- Page numbers.
- Publication date.
- Author information.
What happens to unsold newspapers?
What do they do with the newspapers that are not sold? Retail outlets selling newspapers operate what is known as sale or return (this also applies to most magazines as well). Basically what this means is that anything they do not sell will be refunded to them by their newspaper supplier, provided they return it.