- 1 How do I make a newsprint hat?
- 2 How do you make a pressman hat out of newspaper?
- 3 How do you make an adult hat out of paper?
- 4 How do you make a hat sailor out of paper?
- 5 How do you make a paper pirate hat easy?
- 6 How do you make a party hat template out of paper?
- 7 Why did Printers wear paper hats?
- 8 How do you fold a paper heart?
How do I make a newsprint hat?
Method 3 of 4: Making Your Paper Pirate Hat
- Get a piece of newspaper.
- Fold the paper vertically.
- Fold it again horizontally.
- Unfold the fold you’ve just created.
- Fold the top corners to the center line.
- Fold one bottom flap up.
- Flip to the other side and fold the other bottom flap up.
- Open up the bottom.
How do you make a pressman hat out of newspaper?
The Wayback View – The pressman’s hat
- Start with the largest 4 page newspaper sheet you can find.
- With the crease at the top, fold the top left and right corners in until they meet at the center of the page.
- Fold a single thickness of the open edge up about an inch and crease.
- Flip the entire hat over so that the top points away from you.
How do you make an adult hat out of paper?
- Crease a rectangular sheet of paper down the middle.
- Fold the paper in half widthwise.
- Fold the top corners to the center crease.
- Fold 1 of the flaps along the bottom edge up.
- Fold the brim inwards if it is too wide for you.
- Flip the paper over and fold the second flap up too.
How do you make a hat sailor out of paper?
How to Fold a Paper Sailor Hat:
- Fold the paper in half horizontally and crease.
- Fold the paper in half vertically and crease.
- Fold the two corners diagonally to the center line and crease.
- Fold the bottom flaps up on both sides of the hat.
- Pull open the hat and it’s ready to wear.
How do you make a paper pirate hat easy?
- Fold Top to Bottom. Fold the paper from top to bottom.
- Fold the Left Corner Down.
- Fold the Second Corner.
- Fold the Brim.
- Finish the Brim.
- Open Your Pirate’s Hat.
- Pull the hat open.
- If necessary, you can tape the brim on the corners to help the hat weather your little pirate’s adventures.
How do you make a party hat template out of paper?
How to Make a Paper Party Hat
- Step 1: Use an old paper party hat as a template.
- Step 2: Cut out the hats.
- Step 3: Curl up the hats to make a cone shape.
- Step 4: Fold your crepe paper in half lengthwise, then sew it in place the entire length of the crepe paper.
- Step 5: Use hot glue gun to glue crepe paper to inside of hat along the bottom of cone.
Why did Printers wear paper hats?
The pressman’s hat, also known as the printer’s hat, was designed to protect its wearer from ink and grease splatters on the job — all of that 19th-century machinery could get messy — and was still commonly used until the 1990s.
How do you fold a paper heart?
How to Make a Paper Heart
- Step 1: Your Sheet of Paper. Start with an 8.5″ x 11″ sheet of paper.
- Step 2: Fold Top Right Hand Corner.
- Step 3: Fold Top Left Hand Corner.
- Step 4: Looks Like This.
- Step 5: Fold the Paper Back.
- Step 6: Creases Should Look Like This.
- Step 7: Fold at the Center Crease.
- Step 8: Fold the Right Hand Corner Upward.