- 1 How do you cite a newspaper article in-text?
- 2 How do you cite a newspaper article with no author MLA?
- 3 How do you cite a newspaper article with multiple authors MLA?
- 4 How do you cite an article in MLA format?
- 5 How do I cite an online article?
- 6 Do you italicize an article title in MLA?
- 7 Which example is the correct citation for a book?
- 8 How should MLA citations look?
- 9 How do you cite an online article with two authors MLA?
- 10 How do you in-text cite a scholarly article in MLA?
- 11 How do you cite an online article with two authors?
- 12 How do I cite an article?
- 13 How do you cite a scholarly article in-text?
- 14 How do you cite an article in MLA 8?
How do you cite a newspaper article in-text?
Newspaper Article (Print Format)
- General Format:
- In- Text Citation (Paraphrase):
- (Author’s Last Name, year)
- In- Text Citation (Direct Quote):
- (Author’s Last Name, year, page number)
- Author’s Last Name, First Initial. Second Initial. (Year, Month Day). Article title. Newspaper Title, page range.
When a source has no known author, use a shortened title of the work instead of an author name. Place the title in quotation marks if it’s a short work (such as an article ) or italicize it if it’s a longer work (e.g. plays, books, television shows, entire Web sites) and provide a page number if it is available.
Author Surname, First Name and First Name Last Name. ” Article Title: Subtitle.” Journal Title, vol.,issue no., year, pp. page range.
How do you cite an article in MLA format?
An MLA Works Cited entry for a journal article contains the author(s); article title; journal name; volume and issue; month and year; page range; and a DOI if accessed online. In the in-text citation, include the author’s last name and the page number.
How do I cite an online article?
Include information in the following order:
- author (the person or organisation responsible for the site)
- year (date created or last updated)
- page title (in italics)
- name of sponsor of site (if available)
- accessed day month year (the day you viewed the site)
- URL or Internet address (pointed brackets).
Do you italicize an article title in MLA?
The title of an article is not italicized in MLA style, but placed in quotation marks. Use italics for the title of the source where the article was published. For example: “A Complete Guide to MLA Citation” is published on the Scribbr website.
Which example is the correct citation for a book?
Works Cited Format – One Author Last Name, First Name. Title of Book. Publisher, Publication Date.
How should MLA citations look?
A standard MLA Works Cited entry is structured as follows: Author. “Title of the Source.” Title of the Container, Other contributors, Version, Number, Publisher, Publication date, Location. Only relevant information is included in the reference.
Journal Article From a Website – Two Authors “Title of Article: Subtitle if Any.” Name of Journal, vol. Volume Number, no. Issue Number, Date of Publication, pp. First Page Number-Last Page Number if Given, URL.
How do you in-text cite a scholarly article in MLA?
In- text citations include the last name of the author followed by a page number enclosed in parentheses. “Here’s a direct quote” (Smith 8). If the author’s name is not given, then use the first word or words of the title. Follow the same formatting that was used in the Works Cited list, such as quotation marks.
- ( Author Surname & Author Surname, Year)
- In-Text Citation (Quotation):
- ( Author Surname & Author Surname, Year, page number)
- Author Surname, First Initial. Second Initial., & Author Surname, First Initial. Second.
- Initial. (Year).
- In-Text Citation (Paraphrase):
How do I cite an article?
Basic format to reference journal articles
- Author or authors.
- Year of publication of the article (in round brackets).
- Article title.
- Journal title (in italics).
- Volume of journal (in italics).
- Issue number of journal in round brackets (no italics).
- Page range of article.
- DOI or URL.
How do you cite a scholarly article in-text?
When using APA format, follow the author-date method of in- text citation. This means that the author’s last name and the year of publication for the source should appear in the text, for example, (Jones, 1998), and a complete reference should appear in the reference list at the end of the paper.
How do you cite an article in MLA 8?
Works Cited List list: Author’s Last name, First name and First name Last name of any other contributors. “Title of the article.” Title of the Newspaper, Version (if applicable), Number, Publication Date, Location in Source.