- 1 How do I email a press release?
- 2 How do you submit a press release to a newspaper?
- 3 How do you announce a press release?
- 4 Should I send press release in Word or PDF?
- 5 How do you send an email to a journalist?
- 6 How do I submit a story to a local newspaper?
- 7 What are the rules of writing a good press release?
- 8 How do I publish a press release for free?
- 9 What is press release example?
- 10 How do I write a single press release?
- 11 How do you end a press release?
- 12 What format should you send press release?
- 13 What are three qualities of a good press release?
- 14 Should you send press release as an attachment?
How do I email a press release?
Start with a catchy subject line.
- Start with a catchy subject line.
- Then add a short introduction that personalizes the message and says something like, “I hope you can use this; let me know if you have questions.”
- Copy and paste your press release into the e- mail message form.
- Add your signature.
- Check everything over.
How do you submit a press release to a newspaper?
Here is how to submit your press release in seven steps:
- Build a Media List.
- Follow Submission Guidelines.
- Write a Submission Email & Send It With Your Press Release.
- Follow Up With Media Outlets.
- Syndicate Using a Distribution Service.
- Promote Your Release on Social Media.
- Use Press Release Analytics to Track Performance.
How do you announce a press release?
Writing a Press Release in 7 Simple Steps
- Find Your Angle. Every good news story has an angle.
- Write Your Headline. Your headline should grab the attention of your audience.
- Write Your Lede.
- Write 2 – 5 Strong Body Paragraphs With Supporting Details.
- Include Quotes.
- Include Contact Information.
- Include Your Boilerplate Copy.
Should I send press release in Word or PDF?
Journalists don’t have time to open documents; that’s whether they’re PDFs or Word Docs. Copy and paste the headline of your press release into the subject line and then paste the rest of the press release into the body of your email.
How do you send an email to a journalist?
How to Send an Effective Email Pitch to Journalists
- Get Straight to the Point. As we’ve seen in the previous article, it’s important to keep the greetings formal and to a minimum.
- Being Relevant is Important.
- Personalize Your Email.
- Don’t Get Lost in the Clutter.
- Stay Away From Attachments.
- Follow Up, But Avoid Being Pushy.
How do I submit a story to a local newspaper?
How to Submit a Newspaper Article
- Choose Your News. Editors want stories that engage readers and give them information they can use.
- Aim Your Pitch. Make sure you target your pitch to the right editor.
- Format Your Pitch.
- Polish Your Pitch.
- Research Your Story.
- Write Your Story.
What are the rules of writing a good press release?
Here are some golden rules to consider when writing your next press release.
- Develop a strong story.
- Write a strong first paragraph.
- Write an attention-grabbing headline & subject-line.
- Do your research—include facts and figures.
- Include strong and memorable quotes.
How do I publish a press release for free?
5 Truly Free Press Release Distribution Services
- OnlinePRNews.com: Best for Free Short-term Release Publishing.
- NewswireToday.com: Best for Wide RSS Feed Reach for Non-profits.
- PRLog: Best for Free Press Room for Company Press Releases.
- 1888PressRelease.com: Best for Distribution to Search Engines.
What is press release example?
A press release is an official (written or recorded) statement that a company makes to the news media, and beyond. We are talking about the same thing whether we call it a ” press announcement,” a ” press release,” or a “news release.”
How do I write a single press release?
How To Write a Press Release for a Music Release: 6 Critical Points
- Know when to use a press release.
- Include relevant details.
- Develop a compelling title.
- Proofread your press release.
- Keep it simple.
- Avoid self-promotion.
How do you end a press release?
How to end the press release. Signal the end of the press release with the word “Ends” in bold. After “Ends”, write “For further information, please contact” and list your details or those of an appointed person. Do give a mobile number if you can, so that journalists can contact you easily.
What format should you send press release?
A press release should contain your business logo, a headline, a lead paragraph that summarizes the announcement, and a newsworthy angle. Your written press release should also include three to four body paragraphs, hyperlinks, social media links, quotes, and multimedia.
What are three qualities of a good press release?
Here are some characteristics of successful press releases:
- It’s nimble. Successful messages are built to fit multiple formats.
- It’s atomized. Your audience doesn’t live in one place, and neither should your press releases and other content.
- It’s useful. Content needs to interest, inform, or entertain the audience
Should you send press release as an attachment?
Never Send a Press Release as an Attachment Sending your press release as an attachment to your email message (for example, as a Microsoft Word document) is a common mistake. You should send images and documents only to people who have requested them or who already know who you are and what to expect from you.